Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What kind of fish head do you serve?

The famous kind.

This fish head noodle outlet is a branch of the famous one in Jalan Alor.  How do we know it's famous? Well, because the name says so.  It's located at 73, Jalan SS21/60, Damansara Utama, PJ.

 

I had the fresh fish head noodle instead of the fried. I like my fish fresh. As I dug and ploughed through my bowl, I discovered huge chunks of fish meat.  As much as the vermicelli noodle. I even had my very own fish eye. How delightful!  Most of the fish meat have skin and fat around it too, so it's excellent by me.  The creamy soup is standard fare and the spicy sambal belacan is fair.
 
Oh, and I had the most sour Sour Plum with Limau Kasturi drink I've ever tasted.  Maybe it was necessary for the fishy after-meal smell.It was a good meal at a good price. 

I don't mind calling it famous at all. The shop was half full with people at 3pm, way after lunch hours.

4 comments:

  1. There's one in Damansara Kim that I highly recommend. I like fish head noodles especially the fried fish variety.

    ReplyDelete