Thursday, March 25, 2010

Huge Swedish Wiener, Hot Chick and Sexy Princess

The best thing about dining at Ikea is the free daily coffee I get as their 'friends' member. So whenever I feel like having refill after refill of caffeine with my Swedish lunch, I simply take that 5 minutes drive from Damansara Utama toMutiara Damansara.

Ooh those savoury meatballs, so synonymous with Ikea Malaysia, maybe Ikea Anywhere, so tasty some say it's nasty; because ten is never enough! Cranberry jam never tasted so good with the brown sauce and generous sized fries, as big as a ten year old's fingers. The cranberry jam is like sweet chili sauce minus the heat.


And then there's the BBQ whole chicken leg with fries.  The BBQ gravy complements the chicken real well, although I prefer my BBQ chicken, well, BBQ'ed instead of roasted (and only then compensated with BBQ sauce, plastic don't you think?).

Smoke'em will ya!

And who can ever hide a grin or a giggle when carrying a plate with two long sausages sticking out like sore thumbs? Try carrying two plates and pretend you don't hear people whisper "ooh, you love your wieners don'cha" complete with a naughty grin.  Oh heck, maybe it's just me then. I hear things.

Oh, the mashed potato and coleslaw was standard issue by the way.
Princess for desert anyone? Dig in then. This is princess cake, I think.  It's suspiciously green with streaks of chocolate sauce looking like a smile, or cleavage, depending on which angle you look at it.  Looks kinda oily too.  As you fork your was through the green casing, you'll see white velvety cream, soft like tiramisu, sweet like 'I love you'.

When you've had too much caffeine, simply use your coffee cup to drain the soda selection.

Lunch done!

8 comments:

  1. can big thermos and refill there ? :p just joking

    I remember a year or two ago they have promotion for card member..rm1-99 for half boiled eggor nasi lemak breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will Ikea open a branch in Sarawak? Not to say the furniture, the food already so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The princess cake looked like a decent dessert. Have never tasted the food at Ikea before. Disliked stepping foot there as it's always packed like sardines. I stay away from maddening crowds at the malls.

    I should try the food sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smallkuching, hehe, I doubt they'd be amused at your thermos. Yeah, I miss the cheap breakfast too. They used to serve nasi lemak with decent size fried chicken for only 1.99

    Superman, I understand your longing. Maybe a local version of Ikea is in the making, proudly Sarawak of course, call it Sarawa'kea.

    Mei Teng, I don't like crowds too. Especially when you have a long Q and your tummy is bugging you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh.my.god......the princess seems really delicious!! I really should make a trip to IKEA one of these days....can u imagine i only been to IKEA once?????

    ReplyDelete